Essential V6 | Essential V6 gel imaging system with 3 megapixel scientific grade camera for fluorescence, blue light and visible light applications
- Scientific grade camera with 3 megapixel resolution
- Fully automated control of focus, zoom and exposure
- Automated control of darkroom lighting
- High speed USB technology for faster image capture and download
- 16 bit pixel depth and 65,536 gray levels
- UV safety switch and override button
- Gauge for precise focusing
- Robust steel and stainless steel construction. Epoxy-coated for increased chemical resistance.
- epi white light as standard
- Slide-out built-in transilluminator with positioning clip (please see our range of transilluminators below)
- Protocol-driven image acquisition
- An unlimited free license (with free upgrades) for the UVI 1D image acquisition and analysis software is included with the imager
- 2 year full manufacturer warranty
The Essential V6 from UVITEC is as superbly suited to simple, rapid capture and print applications as it is to high precision image optimisation and capture. It is therefore ideal for research environments with a high number of occasional or frequent users or for the dedicated single user who needs complete control over image capture and analysis.
The advanced Essential V6 camera and optics deliver superb imaging capability for the most demanding applications and features such as auto-exposure and saturation monitoring of the live image ensure that image quality is always optimised before capture.
The Essential V6 offers an advanced darkroom with the following features:
- Stainless steel construction coated with chemically-resistant epoxy paint
- Fully computer-controlled
- UV security auto switch-off and UV switch timer
- Automatic epi white light on/off switch at door opening/closing or selecting "preview mode" or "exposure in visible"
- Automatic UV on/off switch when selecting "UV fluorescence" exposure mode
The Essential V6 is supplied with an unlimited free license (with free upgrades) for the UVI 1D image acquisition and analysis software. The software provides capability for fully automating the image acquisition process as well as manual exposure and serial modes.
Before or after being saved to the PC as a TIFF file the gel image can be manipulated in a number of ways including contrast and brightness adjustment, mirror imaging, image inversion and annotation (text and symbols). The displayed image can be converted to one of several colour scales (red, blue, green and multi-coloured palette) without affecting the data before being analysed to determine molecular weights and band quantities. The image can also be viewed in 3D or 3D-live modes after or during image acquisition.
The following items are included in the purchase of the Essential V6:
- Darkroom with 1 position filter holder and epi white light
- 3 megapixel scientific grade camera with electronically variable shutter speed
- UV transilluminator
- Unlimited free license (and free upgrades) for the UVI 1D image acquisition and analysis software
- Emission filter (F-590) for use with Ethidium bromide and other fluorophores that emit in 590 nm range
- USB cable for high speed camera connection
The following options are available for the Essential V6:
|Standard UV Transilluminators*|
| Single wavelength|
| 2431 2001 1||20 cm x 20 cm, 254 nm, 8W, 6 bulbs, 230V |
| 2431 2002 1||20 cm x 20 cm, 312 nm, 8W, 6 bulbs, 230V|
| 2431 2003 1||20 cm x 20 cm, 365 nm, 8W, 6 bulbs, 230V |
| 2431 2601 1||21 cm x 26 cm, 254 nm, 8W, 6 bulbs, 230V |
| 2431 2602 1||21 cm x 26 cm, 312 nm, 8W, 6 bulbs, 230V |
| Dual wavelength*|| |
| 2461 2006 1||20 cm x 20 cm, 312 nm/365 nm, 8W, 6 bulbs, 230V|
| UVIpure Transilluminators|| |
| 2431 2600 1 ||21 cm x 26 cm, 312 nm, 8W, 6 bulbs, 230V|
| Conversion screens || |
| 9120 2002 1||UV to white light conversion screen|
| 9120 2003 1||UV to blue light conversion screen|
| Software|| |
| UVIband||Advanced image analysis software|
*Other sizes and dual wavelength transilluminators also available
|Pixel depth||16 bit|
|Dynamic range||4.0 OD|
|Lens||f/1.2 aperture: fully automated control of zoom, focus and exposure|
|Filter||1 position filter holder with F-590 emission filter for ethidium bromide included|
Advance Scientific Products Pty Ltd is based in Queensland and is focused on delivering high-quality products and service to our customers in the life, chemical and analytical sciences across Australia.
The company was established in 2013 by experienced instrumentation specialists to provide full distribution and customer support capability to manufacturers seeking to expand their activities in Australia without having to create their own sales and marketing infrastructure.
PO Box 746
Moffat Beach, QLD, 4551, Australia