088.M1601.00C | Maelstrom 9610 automated nucleic acid extraction system with 96 sample capacity
- Utilises patented whirl stirring mixing technology which significantly reduces cross-contamination of adjacent wells compared to other mixing technologies
- Fully automated to avoid human error and to ensure consistent quality
- Can process up to 96 samples simultaneously
- Ideal for applications in molecular diagnostics and life sciences
- Extensive range of compatible magnetic bead-based reagent kits available (please see More Information below for details)
- CV of nucleic acid extraction concentration is <5%
- Processing volume of up to 1600 µL
- Spin tips stir magnetic beads at speeds up to 3000 rpm and magnetic induction of >3900 Gauss
- Independent temperature control modules ensure stability of purification performance
The Maelstrom™ 9610 is a powerful high throughput nucleic acid extraction system designed to process up to 96 samples simultaneously. The instrument utilises specialised spin tips and rods with a magnetic induction of >3900 Gauss to efficiently mix and collect magnetic beads to extract nucleic acid from an extensive range of sample types.
The Maelstrom™ 9610 features a novel spin methodology rather than the vertical mixing technology used in other extraction systems. This approach significantly reduces the risk of cross-contamination between adjacent wells.
The Maelstrom™ 9610 can process samples ranging from 50 µL to 1600 µL and features four independent heating blocks. Simple menu navigation and an intuitive user interface allows for easy end-user parameter selection and fine-tuning.
All phases of the extraction process (mixing, collection, pause and vapour modes) are programmable and up to 35 steps can be compiled into a single program.
Please click here to download a brochure describing the TANBead Maelstrom™ 9610 fully automated nucleic acid extraction system. A brochure listing our range of compatible pathogen extraction kits and consumables can be downloaded here. Please click here to view a video of the Maelstrom 9610 in operation.
Maelstrom products are FDA and CE approved.
|Manufacturer||Taiwan Advance Nanotech Inc. (TANBead)|
|Model number||Maelstrom™ 9610|
|Samples per run||Up to 96|
|Run time||25 - 60 minutes|
|Processing volume||50 µL to 1600 µL|
|Magnetic rod ||>3900 Gauss|
|Spin speed||Up to 3000 rpm|
|Temperature control||4 sets|
|Display||180 mm touchscreen|
|UV||UV-C type: 8 W|
|Heating temperature range||RT to 130°C|
|Dimensions (W x D x H)||870 mm x 575 mm x 700 mm|
|Power requirements||220 VAC: 50 Hz|
|UV and HEPA||UV: UV-C type 4W | HEPA: E10 Class|
|Interface||USB type A: USB type B|
Advance Scientific Products Pty Ltd is based in Queensland and is focused on delivering high-quality products and service to our customers in the life, chemical and analytical sciences across Australia.
The company was established in 2013 by experienced instrumentation specialists to provide full distribution and customer support capability to manufacturers seeking to expand their activities in Australia without having to create their own sales and marketing infrastructure.