088.M0101.00C | Maelstrom 8 Autostage automated and portable nucleic acid extraction system
- Utilises patented whirl stirring mixing technology which significantly reduces cross-contamination of adjacent wells compared to other mixing technologies
- Fully automated to avoid human error and to ensure consistent quality
- Rotary mixer is light and battery-operated for remote field work
- Ideal for applications in molecular diagnostics and life sciences
- Extensive range of compatible magnetic bead-based reagent kits available (please see More Information below for details)
- Intuitive user interface and easy menu navigation
- Data exchange via USB connected with laptop
- CV of nucleic acid extraction concentration is <5%
- Processing volume of up to 1500 µL
- Spin tips stir magnetic beads at speeds up to 3000 rpm
The Maelstrom™ 8 magnetic rotary mixer from TANBead provides a powerful and portable nucleic acid extraction system that can be used on the lab bench or remotely in the field. The instrument utilises specialised spin tips and 3000 Gauss magnetic rods to efficiently mix and collect magnetic beads to extract nucleic acid from an extensive range of sample types.
The Maelstrom™ 8 features a novel spin methodology rather than the vertical mixing technology used in other extraction systems. This approach significantly reduces the risk of cross-contamination between adjacent wells.
The Maelstrom™ 8 magnetic rotary mixer is lightweight and so can be used manually or combined with an Autostage to provide support for the mixer unit and to provide heating from RT to 110°C. Sample size can range from 50 µL to 1500 µL and eight samples can be processed at a time.
All phases of the extraction process (mixing, collection, pause and vapour modes) are programmable and up to 40 steps can be compiled into a single program. Up to 50 programs can be stored in the rotary mixer's memory.
Please click here to download a brochure describing the TANBead Maelstrom 8 fully automated nucleic acid extraction system. A brochure listing our range of compatible pathogen extraction kits and consumables can be downloaded here. Please click here to view a video of the Maelstrom 8 in operation.
Maelstrom products are FDA and CE approved.
|Maelstrom™ 8 magnetic rotary mixer
|25 - 60 minutes
|Samples per run
|Dimensions (W x D x H)
|112 mm x 63 mm x 327 mm
|5 V: 2 A
|3.7 V: 2850 mAh
|50 µL to 1500 µL
|Up to 3000 rpm
|60 mm LCD: 240 x 320 pixels
|Dimensions (W x D x H)
|357 mm x 190 mm x 285 mm
|19 VAC: 120 W
|RT to 110°C
Advance Scientific Products Pty Ltd is based in Queensland and is focused on delivering high-quality products and service to our customers in the life, chemical and analytical sciences across Australia.
The company was established in 2013 by experienced instrumentation specialists to provide full distribution and customer support capability to manufacturers seeking to expand their activities in Australia without having to create their own sales and marketing infrastructure.