MN-917 | MaestroNano micro-volume spectrophotometer for DNA, RNA and protein quantification
- Advanced instrumentation for the precise measurement of nucleic acids and purified proteins
- Large concentration range from 2 ng - 2000 ng/µL dsDNA so no sample dilution required
- Only 2 µL of sample required to quantify DNA, RNA or protein concentration
- Single fixed path length (0.5 mm) significantly reduces frequency of recalibration
- Auto-calibration at turn on with one step recalibration
- Direct measurement in less than 5 seconds with normalization of concentration
- Four measurement wavelengths available: 230 nm, 260 nm, 280 nm and 320 nm
- Xenon flash lamp light source with automatically adjustable light intensity provides more stable long-term performance
- No cuvettes or capillaries needed so no consumable costs. No requirement for calibration solutions.
- Embedded Android operating system so no external PC needed
- Includes integrated thermal printer and built-in touch screen with intuitive interface
The MaestroNano micro-volume spectrophotometer from Maestrogen has been specifically designed for the analysis of samples as small as 2 µL. The unit features a novel optical system design that allows the measurement of extremely low concentrations of proteins and nucleic acids including double-stranded DNA (dsDNA), single stranded DNA (ssDNA) and ribonucleic acid (RNA). Samples are pipetted directly onto the optical measurement point so no cuvettes or capillaries are required.
The MaestroNano features an embedded computer running an Android operating system. It also includes a built-in thermal printer and LCD touch screen and all commands are entered through an intuitive interface. The measurement system uses a single fixed path length (0.5 mm) which significantly reduces the frequency of recalibration.
Four measurement wavelengths are available: 230 nm, 260 nm, 280 nm and 320 nm. Measurements can be made as follows:
- OD230 nm, OD260 nm, OD280 nm, OD320 nm
- Sample concentration (ng/µL)
- OD260 nm/ OD230 nm | OD 260 nm/ OD280 nm
The MN-917 is supplied with a set of reusable quartz glass optical plates (MN-913-OP) and three rolls of thermal paper (MN-913-TP) for the embedded printer.
|Minimal sample volume||2 µL|
|Wavelengths||230 nm, 260 nm, 280 nm and 320 nm|
|Detection limit (minimum)||2 ng/µL (dsDNA)|
|Detection limit (maximum)||2000 ng/µL (dsDNA)|
|Absorbance range (10 mm)||0.04~40|
|Path length||0.5 mm (fixed)|
|Measurement time||<5 seconds at concentration >25 ng/ µL|
|Light source||Long-life Xenon flash lamp|
|Light propagation material||Quartz glass|
|LCD resolution||1024 x 600 dot matrix|
|Dimensions (W x D x H)||260 mm x 260 mm x 200 mm|
|Data output interface||Thermal printer, USB (2 USB ports) and optional WiFi (USB dongle)|
|Connectivity||2 USB ports, Ethernet (RJ-45), On-the-Go (OTG) and WiFi|
|Internal storage||32 gigabytes|
|Operating voltage||Input: 100 VAC - 240 VAC/ 50-60 Hz | Output: 12 VDC|
Advance Scientific Products Pty Ltd is based in Queensland and is focused on delivering high-quality products and service to our customers in the life, chemical and analytical sciences across Australia.
The company was established in 2013 by experienced instrumentation specialists to provide full distribution and customer support capability to manufacturers seeking to expand their activities in Australia without having to create their own sales and marketing infrastructure.