MJ-105A | Major Science horizontal gel electrophoresis system (MJ-105A)
- Less agarose and running buffer consumption
- Easy sample loading and multichannel pipette-compatible
- Transparent molded tank and transparent lid
- Ventilated lid for increased safety
- High temperature capability
- Indicators for gel making and running (black well-visualization strip and migration distance index line)
- No tapes, clamps or springs needed for gel casting
- Cast six agarose gels at a time
The MJ-105A horizontal gel electrophoresis system from Major Science offers many advantages for nucleic acid separation. Agarose gels are convenient to cast and samples are easy to load. Its molded design prevents cracks and leakages and the Polycarbonate construction allows it be used at temperatures up to 130°C. The safety interlock cover is designed to prevent electrical hazards during electrophoresis.
The MJ-105A is ideal for applications including Northern and Southern blotting, cosmid library restriction analysis, STS screening, microsatellite analysis, PCR fragment analysis, RFLP analysis, DNA finger-printing and high throughput analysis.
The MJ-105A is sold as a complete system for the end-user to cast gels and run electrophoresis. The system includes:
- 1 x MJ-B01-A | transparent tank and transparent lid
- 2 x MJ-G01 | gel maker stand
- 2 x MJ-T02 | 107 mm x 60 mm tray
- 4 x MJ-T01 | 52 mm x 60 mm tray
- 1 x MJ-C01 | double-sided comb (2 x 8 teeth: 1 x 17 teeth; 2 x 12 teeth: 1 x 25 teeth)
- 1 x MT-C03 | double-sided comb, multipipette-compatible (1 x 23 teeth: prep 1 & marker 2: prep 2 & marker 2: 2 x 6 teeth for mini gel: 1 x 12 teeth for midi gel)
- 1 x black & red electrophoresis cable
|Appearance||Transparent tank and lid|
|Tank and lid material||Polycarbonate|
|Temperature capacity||Up to 130ºC|
|Gel Dimensions (W x L)||52 mm x 60 mm | 107 mm x 60 mm|
|Agarose level||5 mm|
|Maximum gel thickness||10 mm|
|Maximum number of samples||25|
|Buffer volume||200 mL|
|Operating temperature||4ºC - 40ºC|
|Dimensions (W x L x H)||148 mm x 146 mm x 59 mm|
Subscribe to our newsletter so we can keep you informed about new product releases and industry insights.
Advance Scientific Products Pty Ltd is based in Queensland and is focused on delivering high-quality products and service to our customers in the life and analytical sciences across Australia.
The company was established in 2013 by experienced instrumentation specialists to provide full distribution and customer support capability to manufacturers seeking to expand their activities in Australia without having to create their own sales and marketing infrastructure.
PO Box 746
Moffat Beach, QLD, 4551, Australia