FireReader V10 | UVITEC FireReader V10 gel imaging system with 6 megapixel scientific grade camera for fluorescence and visible light applications
- Fully computer-controlled darkroom with software control of illumination options
- Fully automated control of lens zoom, focus and exposure functions
- 6 megapixel 16 bit scientific grade camera with 65536 gray scales and a dynamic range of 4.8 orders of magnitude
- High speed USB technology for faster image capture
- Epoxy-painted stainless steel light-tight darkroom provides robustness and chemical resistance
- Illumination modes include UV transillumination (312 nm), epi white light and epi blue light
- Optional illumination modes include trans blue, trans white and epi UV at 254 nm and 365 nm
- 6 position filter wheel with emission filter for ethidium bromide and other fluorophores emitting at 590 nm
- Roll-out UV transilluminator with positioning clip (see transilluminator options below)
- UV safety switch and override button
- An unlimited free license (with free upgrades) for the UVI 1D image acquisition and analysis software is included with the imager
- Two year full manufacturer warranty
The UVITEC FireReader V10 gel imaging system features a 6 megapixel high resolution camera that is ideal for fluorescent, blue light and visible light imaging applications. With 16 bit pixel depth, an intensity range of 65536 grey scales and a dynamic range of 4.8 orders of magnitude, the camera provides superb sensitivity, band discrimination and image quality for both documentation and quantification. The camera also features a passive cooling system that significantly reduces background noise.
The FireReader V10 darkroom is constructed of stainless steel and coated with epoxy paint for increased chemical resistance. It is fully computer-controlled and incorporates a UV security auto switch-off and overheat automatic UV switch timer.
The FireReader V10 software is easy to use yet sophisticated enough to allow ultra-precise optimisation when capturing images and includes band saturation identification for the most demanding resolution and analysis applications. The software has been designed for automated and rapid image acquisition with special features such as binning modes for enhanced sensitivity. All image acquisition parameters can be saved as a file and reused at any time for a protocol-driven image acquisition process.
A captured image can be manipulated in a number of ways including contrast and brightness adjustment, mirror imaging, image inversion and annotation (text and symbols). The image can also be displayed in one of several colour scales (red, blue, green and multi-coloured palette) without affecting the data before being analysed to determine molecular weights and optical density. It also includes 3D and 3D-live imaging modes that allows protocol adjustment during the acquisition process to optimise image capture parameters.
The following items are included as standard with the purchase of a FireReader V10:
- Darkroom with UV transilluminator and epi white light
- 6 megapixel scientific grade camera
- 6 position filter wheel
- Unlimited free license for the UVI 1D image acquisition and analysis software with free upgrades
- Emission filter for use with Ethidium bromide and other fluorophores that emit in 590 range (F-590)
- USB cable for high speed camera connection
The following options are available for the FireReader V10:
Standard UV Transilluminators*
2431 2001 1
20 cm x 20 cm, 254 nm, 8W, 6 bulbs
2431 2002 1
20 cm x 20 cm, 312 nm, 8W, 6 bulbs
2431 2003 1
20 cm x 20 cm, 365 nm, 8W, 6 bulbs
2431 2601 1
21 cm x 26 cm, 254 nm, 8W, 6 bulbs
2431 2602 1
21 cm x 26 cm, 312 nm, 8W, 6 bulbs
2461 2006 1
20 cm x 20 cm, 312 nm/365 nm, 8W, 6 bulbs
2431 2600 1
21 cm x 26 cm, 312 nm, 8W, 6 bulbs
LED Blue Light Transilluminators
2431 2007 1
20 cm x 20 cm
9120 2002 1
UV to white light conversion screen
9120 2003 1
UV to blue light conversion screen
Advanced image analysis software
*Other sizes and dual wavelength transilluminators also available.
| Resolution||6 megapixels |
| Filter wheel||6 position with F-590 emission filter included |
| Dynamic range||4.8 orders of magnitude |
| Pixel depth ||16 bit|
| Intensity range ||65536 grey scales|
Advance Scientific Products Pty Ltd is based in Queensland and is focused on delivering high-quality products and service to our customers in the life and analytical sciences across Australia.
The company was established in 2013 by experienced instrumentation specialists to provide full distribution and customer support capability to manufacturers seeking to expand their activities in Australia without having to create their own sales and marketing infrastructure.
PO Box 746
Moffat Beach, QLD, 4551, Australia