BS-050109-AAA | Portable photometer with rechargeable battery for cell number, turbidity and protein concentration measurements (DEN-600)
- Operates under standard mains power or on its rechargeable battery
- 600 nm measurement wavelength
- Measurements include OD600 for estimation of the total number of cells, turbidity (McFarland units) and protein concentration (absorbance)
- Compatible with standard 10 mm path cuvettes, round bottom and conical vials, and falcon tubes
- USB connectivity to a PC and DEN software allows for data transfer and analysis
The DEN-600 is a compact, portable, rechargeable battery-powered photometer with a 600 nm wavelength optical system. This allows it to be used for common applications such as:
- Cell concentration measurement
- Cell growth data estimation
- Log phase estimation for microbial cells induction
- Competent cell preparation
- Bradford protein assay method
- Antibiotic susceptibility testing
- Inhibitory tests
The device serves as an inexpensive alternative to a spectrophotometer which is commonly used for these applications. Because the DEN-600 is battery powered and compact, it can be comfortably located in a biosafety cabinet, an anaerobic chamber, or quickly moved to another laboratory. The vessel holding chamber is compatible with standard 10 mm path cuvettes, round bottom and conical vials, and falcon tubes.
USB connectivity and DEN software allow for data transfer, data processing and calculation, software calibration for Bradford protein assay method or a custom calibration for a non-standard sample vessel or custom turbidity standards.
|Light source||LED, self-calibrating
|Measurement wavelength (λ)||600 nm ±10 nm
|Sample vessel type||Cuvettes, round bottom tubes, falcon tubes
|Measurement modes||Absorbance (Abs), McFarland units (McF)
|Measurement range||0 - 3.0 Abs | 0 - 16.00 McF
|Resolution||0.001 Abs | 0.01 McF
|Accuracy||±0.006 @ 1 Abs | ±0.1 @ 0-8 McF
|Repeatability||±0.003 @ 1 Abs | ±0.05 @ 0-8 McF
|PC system requirements||Intel/AMD Processor, 1 GB RAM, Windows Vista/7/8/10, USB
|Dimensions (W x D x H)||120 mm x 145 mm x 65 mm
|Power requirements||Input: 100 VAC - 240 VAC: 50/60 Hz | Output: 12 VDC|
Advance Scientific Products Pty Ltd is based in Queensland and is focused on delivering high-quality products and service to our customers in the life, chemical and analytical sciences across Australia.
The company was established in 2013 by experienced instrumentation specialists to provide full distribution and customer support capability to manufacturers seeking to expand their activities in Australia without having to create their own sales and marketing infrastructure.
PO Box 746
Moffat Beach, QLD, 4551, Australia