BS-070105-AO6 | Labaqua Trace water purification system
- Produces ultrapure (Grade 1) and pure (Grade 2) water from tap water
- Ideal for general laboratory applications and inorganic trace analysis
- Operating costs are kept low through the use of a monitoring algorithm that tracks the performance of the deionisation and polishing modules. End-users are notified to change the modules only when they are coming to the end of their service life.
- Incorporates a novel total organic carbon (TOC) module that does not use conductivity sensors to monitor the water TOC. An embedded recirculation loop ensures stable premium water quality and reduces TOC to <30 ppb).
- Colour graphic LCD displays water quality parameters on a system flowchart as well as system component status that is indicated by an intuitive colour pattern (green/yellow/red)
The Labaqua Trace water purification system from Biosan produces ultrapure and pure water directly from tap water (please see water requirements below). Ultrapure water (Grade 1) is dispensed through the point-of-use filter on the front panel and pure water (Grade 2) is dispensed directly from the storage tank that is included in the purchase of the purification system. Ultra-purified water from the Labaqua Trace is ideal for general laboratory applications and organic trace analysis.
The ultrapure water produced by the Labaqua Trace system exceeds requirements of all relevant standards (ISO 3696 Grade 1, ASTM Type I, CLSI Type I). An integrated recirculation system ensures consistent quality of water and reduces total organic carbon (TOC) levels to <30 ppb. Pure water produced by the Labaqua Trace complies with the requirements of ISO 3696 Grade 2 water and can be used for flame spectrophotometers, labware washing and wet chemistry methods.
The Labaqua Trace incorporates a controller with a colour graphic LCD display for water quality monitoring. The LCD display provides all key information on system status as well as a system flow-chart that displays information on the remaining pre-filter lifetime as well as the deionisation (DI) module performance. The smart DI module monitoring system reduces operating costs by instructing the end-user to replace the DI module only when it is near the end of its service life.
All cartridges and filters in the Labaqua Trace are easily accessible and no tools are required to replace them. The Labaqua Trace can be installed on a laboratory bench or mounted on a wall.
The Labaqua Trace system includes:
- Point-of-use ultra-filter
- Boost pump
- Pre-filter set
- Reverse osmosis module
- Deionisation module
- Final stage polishing module
- 30L storage tank with an integrated Grade 2 dispensing valve
- Recirculation system
Feed water requirements
Optimal performance of the Labaqua Trace can be assured if the following minimum tap water requirements are met and the recommended maintenance schedule specified in the operating manual is carried out in a timely manner.
|Feed water quality||Potable|
|Minimum pressure||≥ 0.5 bar|
|Maximum pressure||≤ 5 bar|
|Temperature||5°C to 35°C|
|pH||4 - 10|
|Free chlorine||<1 ppm|
|Langelier saturation index||<+0.2|
|Total organic carbon (TOC)||<2000 ppb|
|Model number||Labaqua Trace|
|Ultrapure (Grade 1) water resistivity
||18.2 MΩ x cm
|Ultrapure (Grade 1) water conductivity||0.055 μS/cm
|Pure (Grade 2) water resistivity
||>10 MΩ x cm
|Pure (Grade 2) water conductivity
|Total organic carbon (TOC)||<30 ppb
|Particles >0.22 μm
|Storage tank||30 litres|
|Feed water pressure
||0.5 bar - 5 bar
|Feed water conductivity
|Dimensions (W × D × H)
||320 mm × 560 mm × 620 mm
|Power consumption||130 W|
|Nominal operating voltage||230 V, 50/60 Hz|
Advance Scientific Products Pty Ltd is based in Queensland and is focused on delivering high-quality products and service to our customers in the life, chemical and analytical sciences across Australia.
The company was established in 2013 by experienced instrumentation specialists to provide full distribution and customer support capability to manufacturers seeking to expand their activities in Australia without having to create their own sales and marketing infrastructure.
PO Box 746
Moffat Beach, QLD, 4551, Australia