BS-070104-AO6 | Labaqua HPLC water purification system
- Produces ultrapure (Grade 1) and pure (Grade 2) water directly from tap water
- Very low total organic carbon (TOC) content makes the ultrapure water ideal for liquid chromatography and some microbiological and molecular biology applications.
- Operating costs are kept low through the use of a monitoring algorithm that tracks the performance of the deionisation and polishing modules. End-users are notified to change the modules only when they are coming to the end of their service life.
- Incorporates a novel TOC module that does not use conductivity sensors to monitor the water TOC. An embedded recirculation loop ensures stable premium water quality and enables the virtual elimination of TOC (<2 ppb).
- Colour graphic LCD displays water quality parameters on a system flowchart as well as system component status that is indicated by an intuitive colour pattern (green/yellow/red)
The Labaqua HPLC water purification system from Biosan produces ultrapure and pure water directly from tap water (please see water requirements below). Ultrapure water (Grade 1) is dispensed through the point-of-use filter on the front panel and pure water (Grade 2) is dispensed directly from the storage tank that is included in the purchase of the purification system.
Ultra-purified water from the Labaqua HPLC has very low total organic carbon content which makes it ideal for liquid chromatography and some molecular biology and microbiological applications. Other uses include inorganic trace analysis, plasma mass spectrometry, gas chromatography and any other application where ultrapure water is required.
The ultrapure water produced by the Labaqua HPLC system exceeds requirements of all relevant standards (ISO 3696 Grade 1, ASTM Type I, CLSI Type I). An integrated recirculation system ensures consistent quality of water and reduces total organic carbon (TOC) to very low levels of <2 ppb. Pure water produced by the Labaqua HPLC complies with the requirements of ISO 3696 Grade 2 water and can be used for flame spectrophotometers, labware washing and wet chemistry methods.
The Labaqua HPLC incorporates a controller with a colour graphic LCD display for water quality monitoring. The LCD display provides all key information on system status as well as a system flow-chart that displays information on the remaining pre-filter lifetime as well as the deionisation (DI) module performance. The smart DI module monitoring system reduces operating costs by instructing the end-user to replace the DI module only when it is near the end of its service life.
All cartridges and filters in the Labaqua HPLC are easily accessible and no tools are required to replace them. The Labaqua HPLC can be installed on a laboratory bench or mounted on a wall.
The Labaqua HPLC system includes:
- Point-of-use micro-filter
- TOC monitor
- Boost pump
- Pre-filter set
- Reverse osmosis module
- Deionisation module
- Final stage polishing module
- 30L storage tank with an integrated Grade 2 dispensing valve
- Recirculation system
Feed water requirements
Optimal performance of the Labaqua Bio can be assured if the following minimum tap water requirements are met and the recommended maintenance schedule specified in the operating manual is carried out in a timely manner.
|Feed water quality||Potable|
|Minimum pressure||≥ 0.5 bar|
|Maximum pressure||≤ 5 bar|
|Temperature||5°C to 35°C|
|pH||4 - 10|
|Free chlorine||<1 ppm|
|Langelier saturation index||<+0.2|
|Total organic carbon (TOC)||<2000 ppb|
|Model number||Labaqua HPLC|
|Ultrapure (Grade 1) water resistivity
||18.2 MΩ x cm
|Ultrapure (Grade 1) water conductivity||0.055 μS/cm
|Pure (Grade 2) water resistivity
||>10 MΩ x cm
|Pure (Grade 2) water conductivity
|Total organic carbon (TOC)||<2 ppb
|Particles >0.22 μm
|Storage tank||30 L|
|Feed water pressure
||0.5 bar - 5 bar
|Feed water conductivity
|Dimensions (W × D × H)
||320 mm ×560 mm × 620 mm
|Power consumption||130 W|
|Nominal operating voltage||230 V, 50/60 Hz|
Advance Scientific Products Pty Ltd is based in Queensland and is focused on delivering high-quality products and service to our customers in the life, chemical and analytical sciences across Australia.
The company was established in 2013 by experienced instrumentation specialists to provide full distribution and customer support capability to manufacturers seeking to expand their activities in Australia without having to create their own sales and marketing infrastructure.
PO Box 746
Moffat Beach, QLD, 4551, Australia