BS-050102-AAK | Densitometer for suspension turbidity quantification (DEN-1)
- Ideal for the measurement of turbidity of solutions containing cells or microorganisms
- Measures turbidity over a wide range of McFarland units at 565 nm
- LED light source
- Suitable for 16 mm tubes (with adapter) or 18 mm tubes without adapter
- LED display
- Instrument is factory calibrated using 16 mm glass tubes. Optional calibration standards are available (please see below).
The DEN-1 densitometer from Biosan has been developed to measure the turbidity of a solution containing cells or microorganisms. Turbidity is measured over a range of 0.3 - 15.0 McFarland units which equates to 100 x 106 - 150 x 107 cells/mL).
Key applications for the DEN-1 include:
- Measurement of cell concentration (e.g. bacteria and yeast cells) during fermentation
- Determination of microorganism sensitivity to antibiotics
- Microorganism identification using various test systems
- Measurement of absorption at fixed wavelength
- Quantitative estimation of concentration using solutions that absorb green light
The DEN-1 is compatible with glass and transparent plastic 16 mm tubes (with supplied A-16 adapter) or 18 mm tubes without the adapter. The instrument is factory-calibrated for use with 16 mm diameter glass tubes with calibration parameters being stored in the DEN-1 in case the unit needs to be reset to factory calibration settings.
The DEN-1 should, however, be recalibrated to the diameter and configuration of the end-user's sample tubes if these are not 16 mm glass tubes. It should also be recalibrated any time another type of sample tube is used. Optional turbidity standards are available (please see below) or the end-user can employ their own standards for this purpose.
The following tubes and calibration kits are available:
|Part Number||Item Description|
|CKG16||Set of 0.5, 1.0, 2.0, 3.0 and 4.0 McFarland Turbidity Standards (latex particles): for 16 mm diameter glass tubes|
|CKG1802||Set of 0.5, 1.0, 2.0, 3.0, 4.0 and 5.0 McFarland Turbidity Standards (BaSO4): for 18 mm diameter glass tubes|
|BS-050102-LK||Glass sample tubes without cap, (16 mm х 100 mm x 0.8 mm), quantity of 78 tubes|
|Measurement range||0.3 - 15 McFarland units|
|Display resolution||0.1 McFarland units|
|Measurement wavelength (λ)||565 nm ±15 nm|
|Accuracy (0.3 - 5.0 McF)
|Measurement time||1 second|
|Sample volume||≥2 mL|
|Tube external diameter||16 mm (using A-16 adapter) or 18 mm (without adapter)|
|Restore factory calibration settings||Yes|
|Overall dimensions (W x D x H)||165 mm x 115 mm x 75 mm|
|Input current | power consumption||12 V | 80 mA: 1 W|
|External power supply (supplied with instrument)||Input: 100–240 VAC, 50/60 Hz | Output: 12 VDC|
Advance Scientific Products Pty Ltd is based in Queensland and is focused on delivering high-quality products and service to our customers in the life, chemical and analytical sciences across Australia.
The company was established in 2013 by experienced instrumentation specialists to provide full distribution and customer support capability to manufacturers seeking to expand their activities in Australia without having to create their own sales and marketing infrastructure.
PO Box 746
Moffat Beach, QLD, 4551, Australia